Established in 1974, the Solar Energy Industries Association® is the national trade association of the U.S. solar energy industry. Through advocacy and education, SEIA and its 1,000 member companies are building a strong solar industry to power America. As the voice of an exciting and fast-growing industry, SEIA works to make solar a mainstream and significant energy source by expanding markets, removing market barriers, strengthening the industry and educating the public on the benefits of solar energy. SEIA currently employs 32 full-time staff members and sponsors rotating interns year-round. The combination of a strong sense of purpose and a great work environment has resulted in SEIA being selected as one of the “Best Non-Profits” to work for in the U.S., three years in a row.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the Finance & Operations department with duties including but not limited to:
- Provide timely office services and support for the department
- Prepare and submit expense reimbursements on behalf of the COO
- Handle travel arrangements for COO
- Coordinates and plans meetings for department as needed
- Prepares presentation materials using suite of Microsoft Office products
- Assist with quarterly Board Meeting
- Assist Office Manager with a variety of tasks including accounts payable, creating & maintaining vendor files and other duties as assigned
- Establishes and maintains filing system
- Copying and other admin duties as necessary
- As assigned, assists other members of the Finance and Operations department with initiatives and projects.
The Administrative Assistant also:
- Provides back-up office coverage for the Receptionist
- Assists with preparation of materials needed for conferences, correspondence, appointments, meetings, phone calls, etc
The Administrative Assistant reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of administrative experience in a customer service/client contact area. Exceptional interpersonal skills and a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality are required. Candidates should possess strong oral and written communication skills, the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, and be highly organized. A positive can-do attitude a must. High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is absolutely required.
A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, salary history and writing sample to email@example.com with the subject (2013-9) “administrative assistant.” No calls please; direct applicants only, no search or placement firms. Positions are open until filled. SEIA is an equal opportunity employer. Learn more about SEIA at www.seia.org.