Established in 1974, the Solar Energy Industries Association® is the national trade association of the U.S. solar energy industry. Through advocacy and education, SEIA and its 1,000 member companies are building a strong solar industry to power America. As the voice of the industry, SEIA works to make solar a mainstream and significant energy source by expanding markets, removing market barriers, strengthening the industry and educating the public on the benefits of solar energy. SEIA currently employs 30 full-time staff and sponsors rotating interns year round. Combining a strong sense of purpose and a great work environment has resulted in SEIA being selected as one of the “Best Non-Profits” to work for in the U.S., three years in a row.
The Assistant Manager, Meetings & Education is responsible for project-related administrative and coordination duties for the Meetings & Education department and reports to the Director of Meetings & Education. The Assistant Manager, Meetings & Education’s duties include, but are not limited to:
- SEIA Webinar coordination & production.
- Creates registration sites and reports, maintains registration data and coordinates registration activities for new and established SEIA-produced programs.
- Executes electronic marketing for new and established SEIA-produced programs.
- Promotes SEIA’s purpose, goals, and objectives through products and projects.
- Maintains contact files and schedules project related meetings with internal, cross- functional teams, external planning committees and session moderators & panels.
- With input from the Director, responds to questions and correspondence regarding meetings & education programs.
- Manages sponsorship invoicing and execution of benefits for SEIA-produced events.
- Implements established policies. Recommends changes in policies to the Director of Meetings.
- Receives general supervision from Director of Meetings & Education as to goals and policies. Is expected to carry out routine tasks and responsibilities with little ongoing direction. Requires moderate to close supervision and direction on new, unusual projects and activities.
- Minimal travel, evening, and weekend work required.
- Other duties as assigned by Director.
Qualified candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of in an association’s meetings department. The candidate must have strong organizational skills in order to be able to handle multiple overlapping activities. Moderate planning skills are essential, and advanced skills will be taught. Requires an attention to detail and the ability to follow established processes and recommend improvements. Knowledge and application of software programs including registration software programs, webinar production software and email marketing software, as well as general office software, are expected. An aptitude for and interest in learning about solar energy and the solar energy industry are required. Must have the ability to deal with technical information related to the solar industry. An ability to meet deadlines, plan workflow and work under pressure are critical to this position. Must be willing to travel overnight for association educational programs. Requires people management skills and the ability to handle change calmly.
Strongly prefer a minimum of 3 years association experience, preference for meetings department.
College degree or equivalent experience.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, salary history and writing sample to email@example.com with the subject “2013-4 Assistant Manager, Meetings & Education” No calls please; direct applicants only, no search or placement firms. Positions are open until filled. SEIA is an equal opportunity employer. Learn more about SEIA at www.seia.org.
Date Posted: March 13, 2013