Organization Description: Celebrating its 40th anniversary in 2014, the Solar Energy Industries Association® is the national trade association of the U.S. solar energy industry. Through advocacy and education, SEIA® is building a strong solar industry to power America. As the voice of the industry, SEIA works with its 1,000 member companies to champion the use of clean, affordable solar in America by expanding markets, removing market barriers, strengthening the industry and educating the public on the benefits of solar energy. Visit SEIA online at www.seia.org.
Internship Description: This full-time intern will support the communications department, working on social and digital media, press relations and marketing projects. An intern should expect to work on any number of the following tasks:
- Writing and editing press releases
- Assisting on and developing social media initiatives
- Posting blogs and other content to the seia.org website
- Monitoring media outlets for coverage of the solar industry and/or SEIA
- Working with various departments to identify opportunities for us to utilize social and earned media
- Creating and curating a central photo library
- Working with companies in the industry for photos, quotes, permissions, etc. to use in SEIA communications (press releases, blog posts, etc.)
Communications specialists preferred, but all candidates with demonstrable interest in media and renewable energy will be considered.
Must have exceptional organizational skills, great writing skills and solid social media experience, knowledge, and skills.
Compensation: A transportation stipend is available.