Organization Description: Celebrating its 40th anniversary in 2014, the Solar Energy Industries Association® is the national trade association of the U.S. solar energy industry. Through advocacy and education, SEIA® is building a strong solar industry to power America. As the voice of the industry, SEIA works with its 1,000 member companies to champion the use of clean, affordable solar in America by expanding markets, removing market barriers, strengthening the industry and educating the public on the benefits of solar energy. Visit SEIA online at www.seia.org.
- Monitor industry news and generate content for SEIA’s social media platforms
- Draft and edit content for the organization’s website
- Assist with website updates and general maintenance
- Assist with the planning and execution of major report releases
- Assist with communications outreach projects, press release distribution, and building press lists
- Help manage photo archives, outreach databases and other organizational tools
- Assist with drafting and distribution of external communications, including newsletters, advocacy emails and others
- Data entry and other administrative duties
- Other responsibilities as required, based on intern interest areas and the organization's needs
- Bachelor or master’s student in communications, public relations, journalism, or a related field. A communications background is preferred.
- Exceptionally strong writing and research skills, with a demonstrated record of success
- Detail-oriented self-starter, with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Open to feedback, with strong desire to develop professional skills
- Effective interpersonal communication skills, with ability to work in a team or independently as needed
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with Vocus, PRWeb, Salsa, Meltwater News, Informz, or Drupal is beneficial, but not required.
Compensation: A transportation stipend is available.