Established in 1974, the Solar Energy Industries Association is the national trade association of the solar energy industry. Through advocacy and education, SEIA is working to build a strong solar industry to power America. As the voice of the industry, SEIA works with its 1,000 members to make solar a mainstream and significant energy source by expanding markets, removing market barriers, strengthening the industry and educating the public on the benefits of solar energy.
SEIA seeks communications interns for all academic sessions. SEIA interns have the opportunity to be a part of a prominent national trade association and participate in federal and state advocacy efforts on behalf of the solar energy industry. The ideal candidates will be available at least 27 hours per week, with a flexible work schedule. A transportation stipend is available.
- Research, write and edit articles and other content on a broad range of energy, environment, and policy issues
- Draft and edit content for the organization’s website
- Assist with the planning and execution of major report releases and industry energy
- Assist with communications outreach projects, press release distribution, and building press lists
- Data entry and other administrative duties
- Other responsibilities as required, based on intern interest areas and the organization's needs
- Bachelor or master’s student in communications, public relations, journalism, or a related field. A communications background is preferred.
- Exceptionally strong writing and research skills, with a demonstrated record of success
- Detail-oriented self-starter, with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Open to feedback, with strong desire to develop professional skills
- Effective interpersonal communication skills, with ability to work in a team or independently as needed
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with Vocus, PRWeb, Salsa, Meltwater News, Informz, or Drupal is beneficial, but not required.