Organization Description: Celebrating its 42nd anniversary in 2016, the Solar Energy Industries Association® is the national trade association of the U.S. solar energy industry. Through advocacy and education, SEIA® is building a strong solar industry to power America. As the voice of the industry, SEIA works with its 1,000 member companies to champion the use of clean, affordable solar in America by expanding markets, removing market barriers, strengthening the industry and educating the public on the benefits of solar energy. Visit SEIA online at www.seia.org.
Internship Description: SEIA seeks an energetic, enthusiastic intern to assist the communications team. The ideal candidate will be available 20-40 hours per week, demonstrate an interest in public relations, media relations, digital communications and environmental/energy issues. The intern will support the communications staff, working on social and digital media, press relations and marketing projects. An intern should expect to work on any number of the following tasks:
- Pitching op-eds to newspapers and other publications
- Assisting on and developing social media initiatives
- Writing and posting blogs to the SEIA website
- Monitoring media outlets for coverage of the solar industry and/or SEIA
- Working with various departments to identify opportunities for us to utilize social and earned media
- Creating and curating a central photo library
- Working with companies in the industry for photos, quotes, permissions, etc. to use in SEIA communications (press releases, blog posts, etc.)
Must have exceptional organizational skills, great writing skills and solid social media experience and knowledge.
Compensation: A transportation stipend is available.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume and two writing samples with the subject line “Communications Intern 2016” to email@example.com. Position is open until filled.