Established in 1974, the Solar Energy Industries Association® is the national trade association of the U.S. solar energy industry. Through advocacy and education, SEIA and its 1,000 member companies are building a strong solar industry to power America. As the voice of an exciting and fast-growing industry, SEIA works to make solar a mainstream and significant energy source by expanding markets, removing market barriers, strengthening the industry and educating the public on the benefits of solar energy. SEIA currently employs 33 full-time staff members and sponsors rotating interns year-round. The combination of a strong sense of purpose and a great work environment has resulted in SEIA being selected as one of the “Best Non-Profits” to work for in the U.S., three years in a row.
The Director of Membership oversees SEIA’s membership department – a major source of revenue for the association. The director is responsible for managing all aspects of the membership department and reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer. The Director of Membership duties include, but are not limited to:
- Creating effective membership recruitment and retention campaigns, including identifying and recruiting new members and managing effective communications with prospective members;
- Maintaining and updating an accurate membership database and targeting new areas for membership growth
- Compiling weekly and monthly membership reports and analyses
- Overseeing content and functionality of membership Web pages
- Advocating the role of the Association to existing and prospective member companies
- Developing and administrating of membership services and benefits
- Managing activities related to the association’s membership booth at annual meeting and other events
- 5 to 8 years of experience within an association membership department, including staff management
- Strong track record of success in recruiting and retaining members
- Familiar with best practices in association membership management with the ability to think outside-the-box to find creative solutions
- Dynamic, energetic, and self-motivated personality with effective oral and written communication skills
- Enjoy meeting and talking with people with exceptional interpersonal skills necessary to build rapport with prospective and existing members
- Excellent team-building and organizational skills
- Strong skills in process management, database management (Avectra preferred), customer service and project management with ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Keen interest in advancing renewable energy in the U.S.
- Some travel required
Bachelor’s Degree is required.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary history to email@example.com with the subject line “2013-5 Director of Membership.” No phone calls please; direct applicants only, no search or placement firms. Positions are open until filled. SEIA is an equal opportunity employer. Learn more about SEIA at www.seia.org.
Date Posted: April 23, 2013