SEIA is the national trade association of the solar energy industry, and was recently selected as one of the best non-profits to work for in Washington D.C. We work with over 1,000 member companies to make solar energy a mainstream and significant energy source by expanding markets, reducing market barriers, strengthening the industry and educating the public on the benefits of solar energy. Representing one of the fastest growing industries in the world creates a dynamic and exciting work environment. SEIA has over 30 full-time staff and is expanding to meet the needs of the fast-growing solar industry.
The Sr. Membership Recruitment Manager reports to the Director of Membership. The core function of this position is to identify and recruit new SEIA members. Related duties include but are not limited to:
- Ability to cultivate leads and identify new companies to expand membership and also companies and opportunities with existing members to “upsell” those members into premium categories of membership
- Strong ability to close sales for a membership organization
- Strong ability to close small and large sales
- Proven record of taking an account through the full sales life cycle from lead to close
- Leading and creating exciting membership recruitment campaigns
- Traveling to trade shows, conferences and other events on a regular basis for in-person recruitment
- Working with communications and membership to create effective membership recruitment abilities
- Creating a pre, on-site and post event sales strategy and plan, including systematic follow-up with potential members
- Assist members with questions about membership, renewals, and benefits
- Shared team tasks include: the update and maintenance of member database, file updates and maintenance, and other tasks as assigned
This position requires travel approx. 20% of the time.
Minimum 5 years experience cold-calling and in-person sales (Experience in association sales preferred but not required). Must excel and in-person and phone meetings with prospective members, building rapport, and closing sales in a professional manner. Ability to close all types of sales from: small regional businesses to C-level Executive at Fortune 500 companies. Must be creative in developing innovative new areas and methods for member recruitment and proven success in implementing them. Preferred experience with renewal energy and solar technology preferred but not required. Advanced skills or experience with CRM database (preferred skills in Salesforce CRM and data.com). Excellent oral and written communication skills. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Strong skills in process management, database management, and project management with ability to work independently and as part of a team. Strong ability to prioritize multiple tasks, meet deadlines and manage others. Passion to grow within both position and organization. Ability to travel required. Must have a good sense of humor and interest in advancing clean energy in the U.S.
SEIA compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with experience.
Bachelor’s Degree is required.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary history to email@example.com with the subject “2013-8 Sr. Membership Recruitment Manager.” No calls please; direct applicants only, no search or placement firms. Positions are open until filled. SEIA is an equal opportunity employer. Learn more about SEIA at www.seia.org.