Originally posted on Clean Energy Future
Today SEIA, along with the more than 1,000 member companies, celebrates the association’s 40th anniversary. With over 12 years in the solar industry, I can say it is amazing to see all that we have accomplished so far:
- 13 GW of total solar capacity installed in the USA
- 2 million American homes are now powered by solar
- 400,000 individual solar installations
- 30% growth in U.S. solar energy industry is being forecast for 2014, with new job growth also expected
- 120,000 people employed by the U.S. solar industry at more than 6,000 American businesses
- 4 GW of PV solar installed in 2013, surpassing Germany for the first time ever
- 40 years of solar advocacy by the Solar Energy Industry Association of America!
The U.S. solar industry certainly has plenty to celebrate today, so today has been declared a national “Shout Out for Solar” Day!
Let your friends, family and followers know that you support clean, affordable solar power. Here’s how to participate:
- Download and print a #GoSolar sign or make your own!
- Take your picture holding it.
- Upload your picture to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and use the hashtag #GoSolar. We'll find it!
- You can see all the photos on Storify!
As you can see, not only does the Recurrent Energy team support solar, but so does this guy.