SEIA is the national trade association of the solar energy industry and was recently selected as one of the best non-profits to work for in Washington, D.C. We work with more than 1,000 member companies to champion the use of clean, affordable solar in America by expanding markets, removing market barriers, strengthening the industry and educating the public on the benefits of solar energy. Representing one of the fastest-growing industries in the world creates a dynamic and exciting work environment.
The Communications Coordinator will be involved in all aspects of SEIA’s online and media relations efforts, including maintaining www.seia.org, www.AmericaSupportsSolar.org, SEIA’s Facebook, YouTube and Twitter communities, distributing our daily news clips and other member communications, maintaining and expanding SEIA’s photo archive, and developing video and other multimedia content.
The Communications Coordinator reports to SEIA’s Vice President of Communications.
The Communications Coordinator:
- Assists in the creation, refinement, and maintenance of all aspects of SEIA’s web presence, web activities, social media communities and electronic newsletters and other member communications. Generates ideas, identifies sources, creates and posts original content that will add value to SEIA’s website, institutional goals, and members
- Serves as web editor and assists with media relations
- Establishes metrics and evaluation criteria for SEIA’s various online communication channels
- Develops internal and external partnerships aimed at enhancing website content
- Works with the entire staff to optimize their content for the web
- Designs and writes code for website content
- Analyzes website, social media and email properties to optimize our online presence
- Optimizes website pages for SEO
- Generates multimedia content for SEIA’s websites, including photo and video content.
Successful applicants will have a background in journalism, online communications, or science and is a good writer. He or she should have some understanding of HTML and an interest in learning it. Familiarity or interest in Drupal, CSS, Photoshop and/or Adobe Premier is a plus. It is helpful but not necessary to be familiar with solar energy technology, markets or policy.
Candidate must be able to work independently, meet deadlines, train colleagues, multitask and prioritize projects. A strong work ethic and cheerful customer-service attitude are keys to serving our members and working in our strong team environment. Strong writing and communication skills are critical.
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Information Technology, Public Affairs or a related field is required.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, salary history and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Communications Coordinator.” No calls please; direct applicants only, no search or placement firms. Positions are open until filled. SEIA is an equal opportunity employer. Learn more about SEIA at www.seia.org.
Date Posted: April 5, 2014