On Tuesday, September 23, 2014, the GW Solar Institute will host its 6th Annual Solar Symposium. This event convenes policymakers, industry experts, business leaders, academics, and students to discuss innovative solutions to today's biggest solar policy questions.
This year's theme, "Using Solar Energy to Generate Wealth in Lower Income Communities," focuses on achieving solar affordability and accessibility for all Americans with limited means. Panels and presentations will focus on the best ways to enable the solar market to reach every American through creative incentive and financing solutions, eliminating legal and regulatory barriers, and integrating solar investments into existing federal low-income programs.
Event highlights include:
- Keynotes and interactive panels featuring top solar and low-income housing leaders.
- An Innovation Showcase highlighting low-income solar pioneers and success stories from around the country.
- Low-income solar research presentations and poster sessions.
- Networking lunch and refreshment breaks to meet other thought leaders.
- Interactive audience program to determine action agenda