SEIA Finance and Tax Seminar
April 3-4, 2014 | San Francisco, CA
SEIA’s Finance and Tax Seminar is the preeminent solar industry conference dedicated exclusively to finance and tax issues facing the solar industry today. Attendees will learn from attorneys, developers, and financiers who are doing deals right now. Dedicated networking sessions allow professionals to make valuable new contacts and strengthen relationships. Thought leaders will put the latest industry trends in context and provide unique perspectives to help you stay ahead of the curve.
Learn from the experts and walk away with the information that will get your project across the finish line and grow your business.
New Location in 2014!
The Finance and Tax Seminar will be held in San Francisco.
After four successful years producing the most comprehensive finance event for the solar industry on the East Coast in New York, NY, we are taking the flagship Finance and Tax Seminar to the financial hub of the West Coast, San Francisco, CA. The seminar will be held in the W San Francisco Hotel, located in the heart of the SoMa district, which neighbors the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, Yerba Buena gardens and the Financial District. The W Hotel is also LEED Silver certified by the U.S. Green Building Council.
Who Should Attend the Seminar?
- Longtime solar professionals looking to strengthen relationships in the industry
- Experienced tax credit investors looking for opportunities in solar energy
- New developers establishing their presence in the market
- Younger industry professionals who want to expand their industry knowledge and build their list of contacts in solar finance
Who Will You Connect With at the Seminar?
- Financial institutions making investments in solar today
- Attorneys experienced in addressing financing challenges
- Industry leaders offering lessons learned from developers
Major Takeaways from the Seminar
Perspectives from Thought Leaders
- Market updates on tax equity, debt financing, and private equity
- Fundamentals and Deep Dive sessions on the three most popular tax equity structures: sale leasebacks, partnerships, and inverted leases
- Identifying emerging investing options and partners
- State and federal solar policy updates
Practical Tips from Industry Practitioners
- Accounting challenges
- Leases and valuations
- Avoiding common mistakes that can derail your project
This year, the SEIA Finance and Tax Seminar presents four different formats for sessions during two days of intense, highly focused solar finance and tax education.
Photos courtesy of Forrest Milder