February 26-27, 2014 | New York, NY
SEIA’s Finance and Tax Seminar is the preeminent solar industry conference dedicated exclusively to finance and tax issues facing the solar industry today. Attendees will learn from attorneys, developers, and financiers who are currently doing deals. Dedicated networking sessions allow professionals to make valuable new contacts and strengthen relationships. Thought leaders will put the latest industry trends in context and provide unique perspectives to help you stay ahead of the curve.
Learn from the experts and walk away with the information that will get your project across the finish line and grow your business.
New in 2015!
Ask the Experts
Have a burning question about your specific project that you need help with? Sit down one-on-one with one of our project finance and tax experts to get answers.
Peculiar Tax Challenges with Projects
Partnering with a non-traditional entity on a solar project? This session will walk through some of the tax hurdles you may face as you bring your project across the finish line.
Solar's Place in the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA)
The Community Reinvestment Act encourages banks and other entities to meet the needs of low and moderate-income communities. So where does solar fit in? Find out in this session
State and Local Tax Considerations
Property taxes, tax basis questions, state and local rebates and incentives, to name just a few. This session will show you how to maneuver through state and local tax issues that your project may face.
Who Should Attend the Seminar?
- Longtime solar professionals who want to strengthen relationships in the industry
- Experienced tax credit investors looking for opportunities in solar energy
- New developers establishing their presence in the market
- Younger industry professionals who want to expand their industry knowledge and build their list of contacts in solar finance
Who Will You Connect With at the Seminar?
- Financial institutions making investments in solar today
- Attorneys experienced in addressing financing challenges
- Industry leaders offering lessons learned from developers
Major Takeaways from the Seminar
- Market updates on tax equity, debt financing, and private equity
- Fundamentals and Deep Dive sessions on the three most popular tax equity structures: sale leasebacks, partnerships, and inverted leases
- Identifying emerging investing options and partners
- State and federal solar policy updates
Practical Tips from Industry Practitioners
- Accounting challenges
- Leases and valuations
- Avoiding common mistakes that can derail your project
This year, the SEIA Finance and Tax Seminar will present four different formats for sessions during two days of intense, highly focused solar finance and tax education.
Photos courtesy of Forrest Milder