SEIA’s Finance and Tax Seminar is the preeminent solar industry conference dedicated exclusively to finance and tax issues facing the solar industry today. Attendees will learn from attorneys, developers, and financiers who are doing deals right now. Dedicated networking sessions allow professionals to make valuable new contacts and strengthen relationships. Thought leaders will put the latest industry trends in context and provide unique perspectives to help you stay ahead of the curve.
Learn from the experts and walk away with the information that will get your project across the finish line and grow your business.
New! Can't make it to New York? Watch the webcast!
As a new feature to the SEIA Finance and Tax Seminar this year, we will be webcasting two seminar sessions, which you can stream live from your computer. So if you are unable to make it to New York for the full seminar and networking event, we hope you'll join us for the following two-session webcast and share your questions with our speakers! SEIA members get (Note: The sessions will NOT be recorded.)
SEIA-members: $59.99 for both sessions
Non-members: $79.99 for both sessions
Utility Project Development Through Unregulated Entities
Thursday, July 25, 1:00-2:00 p.m. EDT
Some utilities are quite active in solar, and renewable energy more generally, through unregulated developer subsidiaries or affiliates. The panel will assess the market for deals in 2013 and share with attendees what they are looking for in a project.
Who Should Attend the Seminar?
- Longtime solar professionals looking to strengthen relationships in the industry
- Experienced tax credit investors looking for opportunities in solar energy
- New developers establishing their presence in the market
- Younger industry professionals who want to expand their industry knowledge and build their list of contacts
Who Will You Connect With at the Seminar?
- Financial institutions making investments in solar today
- Attorneys experienced in addressing financing challenges
- Industry leaders offering lessons learned from developers
|Thank you to our Sponsors!|
Major Takeaways from the Seminar
Perspectives from Thought Leaders
- Market updates on tax equity, debt financing, and private equity
- Fundamentals and Deep Dive sessions on the three most popular tax equity structures: sale leasebacks, partnerships, and inverted leases
- Identifying emerging investing options and partners
- Exploring needs of non-traditional customers like unregulated entities and the military
- SEIA state and federal policy updates
Practical Tips from Industry Practitioners
- Accounting challenges
- Leases and valuations
- Avoiding common mistakes that can derail your project
This year, the SEIA Finance and Tax Seminar presents four different formats for sessions during two days of intense, highly focused solar finance and tax education. View the full agenda to learn more about session format.
Photos courtesy of Forrest Milder