The Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) is currently looking for an intern to assist a small and very busy Communications department where you will directly support the Marketing Manager. The ideal candidate has had coursework or prior experience in marketing; interest in renewable energy and environmental issues is a plus. You should be detail-oriented, keep up with current events, and have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
The marketing intern will be involved in all aspects of SEIA’s marketing and branding efforts and work with staff in our government affairs, events, membership and research departments to help us expand our reach to new audiences.
What you will learn and do:
- Write promotional copy for email, web and printed marketing collateral
- Edit web copy and create new content using our web site’s content management system
- Track and report on SEIA marketing efforts and results
- Interface with external consultants, SEIA member companies and partner organizations
- Compose and send HTML emails using our email campaign management system
- Assist with corporate branding and graphic guidelines development
- Gain exposure to legislative, regulatory, and policy research areas
- Attend industry meetings and meet professionals in the solar and renewable energy industries
- Available at least 20 hours per week
- Demonstrate an interest in marketing and/or energy and environmental policy
- Possess strong writing and communication skills
- Organized with an eye for detail
Bachelor’s or master’s student (or recent graduate) with concentration and/or experience in marketing, business, communications, English, environmental studies/policy or other related fields.
Compensation: A transportation stipend is available. Supervisor will provide written evaluation and summary of work experience.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to Mona Khadr, Marketing Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Marketing Internship” in the subject line. Position is open until filled.
About SEIA: The Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) is the national trade association of solar energy manufacturers, project developers, distributors, contractors, installers, architects, consultants and financiers. Established in 1974, SEIA works to make solar energy a mainstream and significant energy source by expanding markets, strengthening the industry, and educating the public on the benefits of solar energy. SEIA employs 30 full-time staff.