Sunrun has reached a total of 100,000 household solar customers, whose PV systems have generated more than 1.3TWh of electricity.
You are here
SEIA is the solar energy industry’s go-to source for the latest coverage on solar power, including U.S. and international policy, research and polls, business and financing trends, and more. Our staff strives to support the media covering solar energy issues and guide our members on effective media outreach with clear statements, background materials, news and multimedia resources.
SEIA is committed to informing policymakers, the media, and the American public about the benefits of solar energy for today’s communities, our economy, and our country.
Learn more from our statements and industry news below.
SunEdison announced that it has completed construction on a 2 megawatt solar power plant for the Town of Elkton, Maryland.
SunLink has delivered 37 MW of fixed-tilt and rooftop mounting systems and trackers for solar projects in Western Honduras.
Trina Solar announced that it has secured a $1.57 billion loan from CITIC Bank.
Every week, The SEIA Solar Update includes top news stories covering the solar industry, major upcoming events, policy updates, and much more. This newsletter is open to SEIA Members and to the general public.
WASHINGTON, D.C. – With widespread voter dissatisfaction evident in Tuesday’s national and state elections, Rhone Resch, president and CEO of the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA), today urged Republicans, Democrats and independents to take a more “collaborative approach” to solving many of the nation’s pressing problems:
LAS VEGAS, NV – Calling solar "critical to the United States" when it comes to meeting its future carbon reduction goals, Department of Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz today delivered the keynote address at Solar Power International (SPI), the largest solar trade show in America, co-sponsored by the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA).
"Cost reduction, as we have seen dramatically in solar energy, is very much a part of shaping our clean energy future," Moniz said. "We've seen costs of modules decline by nearly 80 percent.
Calling it "critically important to America's future," the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) today launched a national campaign to extend the 30 percent solar Investment Tax Credit (ITC) past 2016.
RALEIGH, NC - National and regional experts in clean energy development outlined the path to continuing momentum for North Carolina investments in solar and wind, in a press teleconference Thursday.
The conversation follows the just-released Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA)’s annual Solar Means Business report.
WASHINGTON, DC - More than 500 solar industry leaders from hundreds of businesses issued a letter to the White House today, endorsing limits on carbon pollution from power plants and advocating that solar energy become a focal point of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s proposed Clean Power Plan.
NRG Energy announced plans Sept. 18 for a major corporate restructuring, separating its clean energy business from its traditional generation and electricity retailing subsidiary. NRG's new "GreenCo" unit will include its rooftop solar business, electric vehicle charging initiatives, and its large-scale renewable energy developing business. Beginning in January 2016, that division will operate separately from the company's traditional wholesale generation and retail business.
When EnergySage CEO Vikram Aggarwal looked at the results of his company's solar-homeowner survey conducted earlier this year, he was happy to see they validated his instincts. In one question, the 4,000 homeowners who participated were asked where they got the idea to buy solar. Only 30 percent of them said they were influenced by an advertisement or solar company salesperson. The other 70 percent said they started their solar journey through an internet search, social media, news stories, personal recommendations or a community event.
As the number of solar homes grows, solar agreement transfers will become business as usual. Until then, it’s important that everyone involved take time to understand how they work. Most importantly, realtors, buyers and sellers should be on guard against sensationalized accounts of difficult transfers. The fact is, selling and buying a solar home is easy. Resources include the Solar Energy Industries Association's Residential Consumer Guide to Solar Power.
Sunrun has been awarded a Change Prize by the U.S. Department of Energy SunShot Initiative and will participate in the SunShot Prize: Race to 7-Day Solar. The competition launches Sept. 22 with a goal to motivate local governments, communities, solar companies and electric utilities to shorten the time it takes to get solar on a home to one week. Over the next 18-months, Sunrun will compete with four other teams to cut the permit-to-plug-in time for small PV systems up to 100 kilowatts.