- Accurately and honestly represent the cost, capabilities, reliability, performance and other characteristics of solar products and services in all business dealings.
- Design, build, install, operate and/or maintain products in a manner compatible with public health, safety, and environmental values.
- Employ or engage well‐trained personnel to provide current, correct, and understandable product information.
- Offer and honor clear, understandable warranties that comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Treat consumers in a professional and timely manner.
- Accurately and honestly represent any financing mechanism in any transaction so as to be highly transparent and forthright as to its terms.
- Conform to the law and intent of federal, state, utility, and local incentives and fairly represent the impact of such incentives in all transactions.
- Accurately and honestly represent ourselves and our products, services, and/or projects to any government entity from which we intend to receive financial or other assistance, and fully comply with the terms of any such assistance received.
- Accurately and honestly represent our primary business category and relevant revenue for purposes of SEIA membership.
- Support the mission and goals of SEIA.
SEIA's code of ethics can be digitally signed if you renew online, but if you renew by check or wire transfer, please email, mail or fax your signed code of ethics to SEIA. Click here to download a printable version (PDF).
600 14th Street NW, Suite 400
Washington, DC 20005
Ethics Complaint Resolution
Any person may bring an ethics complaint to SEIA's attention. Learn more about SEIA's Complaint Resolution Process.