New Report Shows U.S. Solar Industry Nearing 16 GW of Installed Capacity
Released September 5, 2014
The U.S. installed 1,133 megawatts (MW) of solar photovoltaics (PV) in the second quarter of 2014 to total 15.9 gigawatts (GW) installed capacity, enough to power 3.2 million homes. SEIA and GTM Research forecast that PV installations will reach 6.5 GW in 2014, up 36 percent over 2013 and more than three times the market size over just three years ago.
The full report includes all the data and analysis from our Executive Summary plus incisive, state-level breakdowns of installations, costs, manufacturing and demand projections.
September 5, 2014
Cumulative operating PV capacity has now eclipsed the 15 GW mark thanks to three consecutive quarters of more than 1 GW installed, and solar has accounted for more than half of new electric generating capacity added this year. Find out what the data means during this webinar with SEIA and GTM's research teams. Register
Have all of our most recent data at your fingertips. Designed for industry experts and communications practicioners, the Solar Data Cheat Sheet is meant for you to have at your desk. It compiles top-line data from our major reports. Get it now.
BOSTON, MA AND WASHINGTON, D.C. – The United States’ solar market hit a major milestone in the second quarter of this year, with more than half a million homes and businesses now generating solar energy. Read more
- Click to Tweet: This just in: 6.5GW of #solar expected to be installed this year -- 3x the amount of 3yrs ago! www.seia.org/smi #gosolar via @seia
- Click to Tweet: There are now more than 1/2 million #solar systems on American homes and businesses www.seia.org/smi via @seia
- Click to Tweet: There is enough #solar in the US to power more than 3.2 million homes – nearly 16GW! www.seia.org/smi via @seia
- Click to Tweet: #Solar keeps on rolling – another >1GW quarter in the books – third in a row! www.seia.org/smi via @seia
- Click to Tweet: More than HALF the new electric-generating capacity in the US this year has been from #solar! www.seia.org/smi #gosolar via @seia
Share on Facebook