Facts on the Indiana Solar Industry
- There are currently more than 52 solar companies at work throughout the value chain in Indiana, employing 1,500.
- In 2013, Indiana installed 54 MW of solar electric capacity, ranking it 11th nationally.
- The 65 MW of solar energy currently installed in Indiana ranks the state 20th in the country in installed solar capacity. There is enough solar energy installed in the state to power 6,900 homes.
- In 2013, $112 million was invested in Indiana to install solar for home, business and utility use.
- Average installed residential and commercial photovoltaic system prices in Indiana have fallen by 5% in the last year. The price to install solar on homes and business has dropped steadily across the country — by 4% from last year and 37% from 2010.
Get more solar industry data.
SEIA Indiana State Policy Priorities
- Promote distributed generation (including wholesale DG) policies.
- Ensure future access to net metering for solar customers.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure reasonable and equitable property taxation treatment for solar systems.
Notable Solar Installations in Indiana
- Indianapolis International Airport Solar Farm was completed in 2013 by developer Telamon Corporation and Johnson Melloh Solutions. This photovoltaic project has the capacity to generate 12.5 MW of electricity-- enough to power over 1,800 Indiana homes.
See our solar installations maps.
Solar Companies in Indiana
- There are currently more than 52 solar companies at work throughout the value chain in Indiana. These companies provide a wide variety of solar products and services ranging from solar system installations to the manufacturing of components used in photovoltaic panels. These companies can be broken down across the following categories: 19 manufacturers, 14 manufacturing facilities, 23 contractor/installers, 1 project developer, 7 distributors and 2 engaged in other solar activities including financing, engineering and legal support.
Don't see your company listed? Complete our National Solar Database Survey!
Indiana State Solar Policy Resources