Facts on the Missouri Solar Industry
- There are currently more than 64 solar companies at work throughout the value chain in Missouri, employing 1,200.
- Missouri ranked 20th nationally in Q4 installations. See more solar state rankings.
- In 2012, Missouri ranked 23rd nationally in solar capacity installed.
- Missouri ranks 25th nationally in cumulative installed solar capacity. There is enough solar energy installed in the state to power 1,000 homes.
- In 2012, $32 million was invested in Missouri to install solar on homes and businesses.
View more solar industry data.
See our solar installations maps.
Solar Companies in Missouri
There are currently more than 64 solar companies at work throughout the value chain in Missouri. These companies provide a wide variety of solar products and services ranging from solar system installations to the manufacturing of components used in photovoltaic panels. These companies can be broken down across the following categories: 14 manufacturers, 9 manufacturing facilities, 25 contractor/installers, 6 distributors and 19 engaged in other solar activities including financing, engineering and legal support.