There are currently more than 72 solar companies at work throughout the value chain in Missouri. Efficient work by these companies continues to lower the price of solar installations.
Facts on the Missouri Solar Industry
- There are currently more than 71 solar companies at work throughout the value chain in Missouri, employing 2,800.
- In 2013, Missouri installed 28 MW of solar electric capacity, ranking it 17th nationally.
- The 39 MW of solar energy currently installed in Missouri ranks the state 23rd in the country in installed solar capacity. There is enough solar energy installed in the state to power 3,800 homes.
- In 2013, $115 million was invested in Missouri to install solar on homes and businesses. This represents a 257% increase over the previous year, and is expected to grow again this year.
- Average installed residential and commercial photovoltaic system prices in Missouri have fallen by 18% in the last year. National prices have also dropped steadily— by 12% from last year and 31% from 2010.
View more solar industry data.
See our solar installations maps.
Solar Companies in Missouri
- There are currently more than 71 solar companies at work throughout the value chain in Missouri. These companies provide a wide variety of solar products and services ranging from solar system installations to the manufacturing of components used in photovoltaic panels. These companies can be broken down across the following categories: 14 manufacturers, 7 manufacturing facilities, 34 contractor/installers, 2 project developers, 6 distributors and 15 engaged in other solar activities including financing, engineering and legal support.
Missouri State Solar Policy Resources
Missouri Public Service Commission – Learn about the governing body that regulates the electricity rates and services of Missouri public utilities
Missouri General Assembly – Track pending legislation affecting solar energy, locate and contact individual legislators, and stay up to date on current legislative issues in Missouri
DSIRE Incentives Database - Missouri – Search a public clearinghouse for specific solar energy incentives in Missouri and across the United States
U.S. Energy Information Administration - Missouri State Profile – Explore official energy statistics, including data on electricity supply and demand, from the U.S. government