There are currently more than 128 solar companies at work throughout the value chain in Oregon.
Facts on the Oregon Solar Industry
- There are currently more than 128 solar companies at work throughout the value chain in Oregon, employing 2,700 people.
- In 2013, Oregon installed 7 MW of solar electric capacity, ranking it 24th nationally.
- The 79 MW of solar energy currently installed in Oregon ranks the state 19th in the country in installed solar capacity. There is enough solar energy installed in the state to power 9,300 homes.
- In 2013, $36 million was invested in Oregon to install solar for home, business and utility use.
- Average installed residential and commercial photovoltaic system prices in Oregon have fallen by 5% in the last year. National prices have also dropped steadily — by 8% from last year and 39% from 2010.
View more solar industry data.
Notable Installations in Oregon
- Bellevue Solar Project in Yamhill County was completed in 2011 by developer EDF Renewables. This photovoltaic project has the capacity to generate 2 MW of electricity-- enough to power over 200 Oregon homes.
- At 5 MW, Outback Solar Project in Lake County is among the largest solar installations in Oregon. Completed in 2011 by Obsidian Finance Group, this photovoltaic project has enough electric capacity to power more than 500 homes.
See our solar installations maps.
Solar Companies in Oregon
There are currently more than 128 solar companies at work throughout the value chain in Oregon. These companies provide a wide variety of solar products and services ranging from solar system installations to the manufacturing of components used in photovoltaic panels. These companies can be broken down across the following categories: 29 manufacturers, 12 manufacturing facilities, 59 contractor/installers, 9 project developers, 8 distributors and 23 engaged in other solar activities including financing, engineering and legal support.
Oregon State Solar Policy Resources
Oregon Public Utilities Commission – Learn about the governing body that regulates the electricity rates and services of Oregon public utilities
Oregon State Legislature – Track pending legislation affecting solar energy, locate and contact individual legislators, and stay up to date on current legislative issues in Oregon
DSIRE Incentives Database - Oregon – Search a public clearinghouse for specific solar energy incentives in Oregon and across the United States
U.S. Energy Information Administration - Oregon State Profile – Explore official energy statistics, including data on electricity supply and demand, from the U.S. government