Washington is home to 102 solar companies throughout the supply chain, 28 of which work hard to manufacture quality solar products.
Facts on the Washington Solar Industry
- There are currently more than 102 solar companies at work throughout the value chain in Washington, employing 2,000.
- In 2013, Washington installed 8 MW of solar electric capacity, ranking it 23rd nationally.
- The 24 MW of solar energy currently installed in Washington ranks the state 25th in the country in installed solar capacity. There is enough solar energy installed in the state to power 2,200 homes.
- In 2013, $44 million was invested in Washington to install solar on homes and businesses. This represents a 88% increase over the previous year, and is expected to grow again this year.
- Average installed residential and commercial photovoltaic system prices in Washington have fallen by 11% in the last year. National prices have also dropped steadily— by 12% from last year and 31% from 2010.
View more solar industry data.
Solar Companies in Washington
- There are currently more than 102 solar companies at work throughout the value chain in Washington. These companies provide a wide variety of solar products and services ranging from solar system installations to the manufacturing of components used in photovoltaic panels. These companies can be broken down across the following categories: 28 manufacturers, 12 manufacturing facilities, 37 contractor/installers, 8 project developers, 10 distributors and 19 engaged in other solar activities including financing, engineering and legal support.
Washington State Solar Policy Resources
Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission – Learn about the governing body that regulates the electricity rates and services of Washington public utilities
Washington State Legislature – Track pending legislation affecting solar energy, locate and contact individual legislators, and stay up to date on current legislative issues in Washington
DSIRE Incentives Database - Washington – Search a public clearinghouse for specific solar energy incentives in Washington and across the United States
U.S. Energy Information Administration - Washington State Profile – Explore official energy statistics, including data on electricity supply and demand, from the U.S. government