Facts on the Washington Solar Industry
- There are currently more than 84 solar companies at work throughout the value chain in Washington, employing 1,300.
- Washington ranked 24th nationally in Q4 installations. See more solar state rankings.
- In 2012, Washington ranked 24th nationally in solar capacity installed.
- Washington ranks 23rd nationally in cumulative installed solar capacity. There is enough solar energy installed in the state to power 1,000 homes.
- In 2012, $23 million was invested in Washington to install solar on homes and businesses.
- Average installed residential and commercial photovoltaic system prices in Washington continue to fall--by 7% from last year. National prices have also dropped steadily--by 14% from last year and 31% since 2010.
View more solar industry data.
Solar Companies in Washington
There are currently more than 84 solar companies at work throughout the value chain in Washington. These companies provide a wide variety of solar products and services ranging from solar system installations to the manufacturing of components used in photovoltaic panels. These companies can be broken down across the following categories: 24 manufacturers, 12 manufacturing facilities, 24 contractor/installers, 2 project developers, 14 distributors and 20 engaged in other solar activities including financing, engineering and legal support.