Business Development Intern
Established in 1974, the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) is the national trade association of the U.S. solar energy industry. Through advocacy and education, SEIA is building a strong solar industry to power America. Click here to learn more.
SEIA is looking for an intern to work on a variety of high-priority membership, business development, and outreach functions focused on growing the overall revenue of the association. Internship duties will include, but are not limited to: assisting in member services, CRM database initiatives, business development, inbound and outbound sales calls, and ensuring membership team is positioned to succeed through administrative support. Prospective applicants will have the opportunity to work alongside passionate and talented individuals in a fast-paced Washington DC environment, with responsibilities that touch on all aspects of SEIA’s agenda. Candidates should be available to work at least 20 hours per week for the duration of the semester. Previous professional or academic experience in research, communications, public relations or a related field. Computer literacy (online research, familiarity with Word, Excel, etc.) is expected.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research and assess prospect lists
- Find decision makers who have purchasing power
- Cultivate the pipeline by acting on field marketing leads and conducting outbound calls
- Set up quality appointments for Membership Recruitment Managers to follow-up with and close
- Ensure monthly, quarterly, and yearly individual sales quotas are exceeded
- Engage with sales management to determine strategic approaches for sales
Desired Skills and Experience:
- “Hunter” mentality
- Positive & Persistent attitude
- Thrives off of success
- Experience in a competitive fast-paced sales environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Motivated by the opportunity to be part of a fast moving, entrepreneurial team
- Experience with Salesforce.com or similar CRM applications is a plus
A bachelor's degree is required.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary history to email@example.com with the subject “2018 Business Development Associate” No calls please; direct applicants only, no search or placement firms. Positions are open until filled. SEIA is an equal opportunity employer. Learn more about SEIA at www.seia.org.