Established in 1974, the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) is the national trade association of the U.S. solar energy industry. Through advocacy and education, SEIA is building a strong solar industry to power America. Click here to learn more.
This full-time intern will support the communications department, working on social and digital media, press relations and marketing projects. An intern should expect to work on any number of the following tasks:
- Pitching op-eds to newspapers and other publications
- Assisting on and developing social media initiatives
- Posting blogs and other content to the seia.org website
- Monitoring media outlets for coverage of the solar industry and/or SEIA
- Working with various departments to identify opportunities for us to utilize social and earned media
- Working with companies in the industry for photos, quotes, permissions, etc. to use in SEIA communications (press releases, blog posts, etc.)
Communications specialists preferred, but all candidates with demonstrable interest in media and renewable energy will be considered.
Must have exceptional organizational skills, great writing skills and solid social media experience, knowledge, and skills.
This position pays minimum wage
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume and two writing samples to Morgan Lyons with the subject line “Communications Intern 2018” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until filled.