Established in 1974, the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) is the national trade association of the U.S. solar energy industry. Through advocacy and education, SEIA is building a strong solar industry to power America. Click here to learn more.
SEIA seeks an enthusiastic intern to assist the Communications department. The ideal candidate will be available 20-40 hours per week and has a background and interest in digital communications skills, including web design, graphic design, social media and analytics. The intern will work to maintain and update the seia.org website, distribute materials through various channels, develop compelling visual content for print and web applications, and other duties as assigned. The Communications Intern should expect to work on any number of the following tasks:
- Making basic changes to the SEIA website, either through a CMS platform or through direct code editing
- Assist with graphic design projects for SEIA events and other marketing efforts
- Help to collect and analyze data from the organization’s communications efforts, including website analytics, email marketing reports and social media metrics
- Write and edit written content for SEIA's social media, blog, and other outlets
- Collect data and research on projects as needed
An ideal candidate will have experience and proficiency in various aspects of digital media, including web and graphic design skills. Interest or background in clean energy issues, environmental policy, or advocacy is a plus. All interns must be organized and have basic communications abilities, especially strong writing skills. Specific skills required include:
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS
- Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite, primarily InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Comfortable using web-based content editing platforms such as Drupal CMS or Salesforce Pardot
- Familiarity with social media platforms, primarily Facebook and Twitter
- Experience with Google Analytics or other data gathering tools is a plus
This position pays minimum wage
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume and two writing samples to Colin Silver with the subject line “Digital Communications Intern 2018” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until filled.