Events and Marketing Internship
Established in 1974, the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) is the national trade association of the U.S. solar energy industry. Through advocacy and education, SEIA is building a strong solar industry to power America. Click here to learn more.
As a part of the Events team, the Events and Marketing Intern will assist with meetings, conferences and workshops and increased brand visibility for SEIA. The Events Intern will gain valuable skills looking for a career in events and industry stakeholder outreach. This is a part-time position.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting all facets of planning events such as networking receptions, corporate events, board of director meetings, and educational webinars; the position will include interaction with vendors such as caterers, venues, audiovisual providers, etc.
- Coordinating supplies, schedules, agendas, travel schedules, etc. for events
- Assisting in creating and managing event webpages
- Assisting with promotional marketing plans for events
- Researching ways to improve the current way we are using online platforms
- Highly motivated self-starter who is flexible
- Organized with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Experience with formatting documents
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
This position is 20-30 hours/week. All majors are encouraged to apply.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Hannah Panek at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Fall Events and Marketing Intern.”
This position pays DC minimum wage. Start and end dates are flexible. For our internship Frequently Asked Questions, click here.
Working at SEIA
SEIA values diversity, inclusion and equity within our organization and the promotion of these values across the solar industry. We strive to welcome different perspectives, identities, and backgrounds, regardless of job function in order to create a more resilient organization that supports a strong, equitable solar industry. SEIA envisions an industry that is committed to fostering a culture of inclusivity. We aim to achieve this by encouraging openness and transparency about diversity issues and progress. We will develop strategies, programs, and tools that seek to equalize opportunities within SEIA and allow for discussing and sharing best practices within the solar industry.