Events & Marketing Coordinator
The Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) is the national trade association of the solar energy industry representing nearly 1,000 companies from around the world. Our mission is to build a strong solar industry to power America. We achieve that aim by supporting pro-solar policy at the federal and state level, developing cutting-edge industry research, and speaking as the voice of the solar industry to press and public.
At SEIA, our staff arrives every morning knowing that their work improves our country's energy independence, empowers our member businesses and strengthens our economy through the creation of more than 250,000 U.S. jobs. Combining a strong sense of purpose and a great work environment has resulted in SEIA being selected as one of the “Best Non-Profits” to work for in America.
The Events & Marketing Coordinator is an important entry-level member of SEIA’s operations team. Working directly with the Senior Manager for Meetings & Events, the Coordinator will provide logistical and marketing support for SEIA’s in-person and virtual events. SEIA’s operations team includes membership, marketing, events, office operations, human resources and finance. As such, the Coordinator will be asked to provide support across the team, often engaging with membership marketing efforts and general office operations needs. We estimate that the Coordinator will spend 50% of her/him time supporting meetings and events and the other 50% supporting other activities within the operations team.
This position requires a team player who is willing to provide support for both administrative and programmatic tasks. The Coordinator will be exposed to a broad range of activities within a thriving and dynamic trade association.
Core Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide coordination, organizational, and logistical support for events including but not limited to coordinating supplies, name badges, agendas, travel schedules, packing, swag, etc.
- Plan and implement virtual and in-person networking receptions, dinners, corporate events, and other meetings and events as assigned; Work directly with event vendors
- Provide support and when asked take ownership of event management platform (Bizzabo software) for SEIA branded events – upload & update event content, speaker photos, sponsors logos, etc.
- Support the management of SEIA’s webinar program, occasionally serving as the project manager and the implementer of SEIA webinars
- Liaise with internal and external speakers, sponsors, and other stakeholders to keep event timelines on track; Provide excellent customer service
- Lead onsite registration and other responsibilities at SEIA events and meetings as assigned
- Provide event project management support for larger events
- Oversee interns’ tasks as assigned
- Front desk operations, including answering and routing incoming phone calls, logging expected visitors into Building Engines system, sorting mail, distributing emails and depositing outgoing mail
- Support SEIA’s Senior Marketing Manager, as needed, and assist in the deployment of marketing materials and campaigns
- Support SEIA’s Vice President for Member Engagement, as needed, and assist the membership team with administrative tasks like lead management, event scheduling, affinity program support, etc.
- Support SEIA’s Chief Business Officer, as needed, by assisting with general office management, on-site event support, building management communications, basic accounts payable and accounts receivable functions, etc
Professional Experience, Education & Other Qualifications
- Strong attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Time management skills and the ability to work under time pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Customer service mentality with a positive, “can-do” attitude
- Ability to travel to 3 – 5 events per year
- Experience working in MS Word, MS Excel, and event management platforms as well as the ability to quickly learn other programs and platforms
- A team ethos and desire to work across multiple departments to accomplish goals
- A bachelor’s degree is required, with a preference for relevant coursework or related experience
- Work is in an office environment
- May be occasionally required to stand, walk or reach with arms
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject “Events & Marketing Coordinator 2021.” Submissions that are in the form of a single Word or PDF document facilitate review and are strongly preferred. Please name all files using the following format: [applicant name]_[document title, e.g. Resume]_EventsMarketingCoordinator.
No calls please; direct applicants only, no search or placement firms.
SEIA values diversity, inclusion and equity within our organization and the promotion of these values across the solar industry. We strive to welcome different perspectives, identities, and backgrounds, regardless of job function in order to create a more resilient organization that supports a strong, equitable solar industry. SEIA envisions an industry that is committed to fostering a culture of inclusivity. We aim to achieve this by encouraging openness and transparency about diversity issues and progress. We will develop strategies, programs, and tools that seek to equalize opportunities within SEIA and allow for discussing and sharing best practices within the solar industry.
SEIA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SEIA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we employ staff. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
SEIA expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Learn more about SEIA at www.seia.org.