Accurate and certain energy assessments are essential to a thriving and sustainable solar industry. There is increasing awareness in the solar industry that energy assessments in recent years have overstated the expected production from solar projects on a preconstruction basis. Accurate energy assessments give confidence to stakeholders in projected production and return on investment for solar projects, ultimately leading to lower cost of capital and increased competitiveness for solar. It essential for Independent Engineers to conduct rigorous, transparent validation and advancement of their methodologies.
In this webinar, our leading experts will provide insights into the solar energy assessment validation process and resulting methodology refinements, including:
- Empirical observations on actual solar project performance vs. expectations
- Causes for energy production shortfalls
- History, process, and current results of our validation efforts
- Leading-edge techniques for addressing losses due to sub-hourly inverter clipping, wind stow, and complex terrain
- Approach and timeline for completion of DNV’s current validation cycle and implementation of methodology refinements
Come learn how DNV is validating and advancing its methodology to lead the way!
- Anat Razon, Head of Section and Solar Due Diligence, DNV
- Cegeon Chan, Vice President of Energy Analytics and Measurements, DNV
- Rounak Kharait, Director of Solar Energy Assessments, DNV
Free for SEIA members and non-members