What is paid leave and why is it essential for your staff? Only 15 percent of workers in the United States have access to paid family leave through their employers, and fewer than 40 percent have access to personal medical leave through employer-provided short-term disability insurance. Unpaid leave under the Federal Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) provides important job protections, but it is only available to fewer than 60 percent of workers — and many can’t afford to take it.
This webinar will explore the benefits of adding or expanding paid leave policies. SEIA is pleased to include the perspectives of a large company that has expanded its benefits, a two-person organization that provides maternity leave, an employee that won paid leave at her company, and a non-profit that provides resources and advocates for paid leave policies. This diverse group will provide you with various ideas and perspectives on what has been successful for companies and individuals that are pursuing paid leave.
Free for SEIA Members and $95 for Non-Members
- Moderator: Dana Sleeper, Director of External Affairs, Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA)
- Kristen Graf, Executive Director, Women of Renewable Industries and Sustainable Energy (WRISE)
- Gretchen Jorbin, Director of Benefits, Sunrun
- Stephanie Ramos, Events Manager, Internet Creations
- Fabiola Santiago, Campaign Manager, Paid Leave US