We are seeing leadership across the country at local levels advocating for programs and initiatives for solar equity. This webinar will feature speakers that were deeply involved in two groundbreaking initiatives that were successful in the November 2018 elections. Please join Vote Solar and SEIA to hear about these two successful approaches:
The Portland Clean Energy Fund is a citywide initiative that would tax large corporations to fund rooftop solar panels, home weatherization, job training and other projects that support low-income communities and the fight against climate change. In Washington DC, the Clean Energy DC Omnibus Amendment Act of 2018 was passed, which implements a 100% renewable energy target by 2032 and sets aggressive benchmarks for increased benefits for low-income residents and investments in workforce development.
Free for SEIA Members and Non-Members
- Moderator: Sara Birmingham, Senior Director of State Affairs, SEIA
- Co-Host: Melanie Santiago-Mosier, Program Director, Access & Equity, Vote Solar
- Shelley Cohen, Solar Programs Director for the DC Sustainable Energy Utility
- Khanh Pham, Organizing Director, OPAL Environmental Justice Oregon
- Paige Richardson, Co-founder, Springwater Partners