The solar industry stands to benefit from a more diverse, robust and resilient workforce as we continue to emerge from COVID19 disruptions and expand our industry’s role as a mainstream part of the American energy sector. Veterans and transitioning service members have the leadership experience and critical thinking skills that are essential in today’s fast-changing world.
SEIA, The Solar Foundation, NABCEP and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce are partners on Solar Ready Vets, a U.S. Department of Energy grant-funded program to support the transition and hiring of U.S. military talent into the solar industry.
Learn how your company can gain access to the highly-skilled military veteran workforce through the Solar Ready Vets Fellowship and the Solar Ready Vets Network.
- Become a Host Employer for Solar Ready Vets (SRV) Fellowship to host mid-to-senior level transitioning service members for 12 weeks of on-the-job experience in management / professional roles at no cost to the employer. Apply by October 23, 2020 for the January 2021 cohort.
- Join Solar Ready Vets Network as an Employer Partner to gain access to a network of veterans who are interested in solar careers at all levels of the workforce.
- Kathrine Lukes, Operation Manager, Icarus RT (Summer 2020 Solar Ready Vets Fellow)
- Dominic Kolleh, Talent Acquisition Manager, Strata Solar
- Michael Carrington, Human Resources Training Manager, Strata Solar
- Megan Howes, Program Specialist, The Solar Foundation
- Moderator: Becky Long, Senior Program Manager, Solar Energy Industries Association
FREE for SEIA Members and Non-Members