External Affairs Internship
Established in 1974, the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) is the national trade association of the U.S. solar energy industry. Through advocacy and education, SEIA is building a strong solar industry to power America. Click here to learn more.
The External Affairs Intern will gain valuable skills looking for a career in industry stakeholder outreach and coalition building.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Researching potential partners in states across the country
- Performing outreach to potential partners – a great opportunity to gain exposure to many different industries
- Assisting internal working groups on diversity, women’s empowerment, and other initiatives
- Coordinating meetings for External Affairs Director with potential partners
- Coordinating supplies, schedules, agendas, travel schedules, etc.
- The intern will also assist SEIA’s Office of the General Counsel with its consumer protection outreach efforts
- Creative problem solver
- Highly motivated self-starter who is flexible
- Organized with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Ability to work with a diverse set of individuals
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Experience with formatting
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Undergraduate or Graduate students in business, event management, marketing, PR or related fields.
Compensation: This position pays minimum wage
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume and two writing samples to Dana Sleeper with the subject line “External Affairs Internship 2018” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until filled.