Questions about SEIA Membership? Contact [email protected]
As a SEIA member, you enjoy benefits that provide you with with access, exposure and expertise to help you grow your business and compete in an ever-changing economy.
The summaries below demonstrate an overview of the benefits of SEIA Membership. Access to these benefits vary based on your level of membership. To compare the benefits of the various levels of membership and compare your options, click here.
We are your direct line to Washington and to other industry benefits.
- Advocacy – SEIA is your voice in Washington. We work on national and state solar policy that will help your business grow.
- Event Discounts – Members receive generous discounts on registration and exhibiting at the industry’s premiere B2B trade shows - Solar Power International , Solar Power Events, and at SEIA's signature events – including SEIA’s Tax and Finance Seminar .
- Committees – Committee participation provides a valuable leadership experience for you and networking opportunities to grow your business.
- Networking – Access SEIA’s Sphere! Through industry events and our online community platform, you will have access to other SEIA members that can help grow your business and your company's presence in the industry.
- Business Development - SEIA regularly posts RFPs to keep our members informed of business opportunities. Industry RFPs included in our listing are for solar energy generation and renewable energy certificates (RECs).
- Training - Receive 20% off Solar PV Training through EverBlue. EverBlue covers fundamentals of solar energy and photovoltaics, electricity, system sizing principles and PV array electrical/mechanical design, site evaluation, safety, and incentive mechanisms. Each course comes with a manual and solar kit, and qualifies students to take the NABCEP PV entry-level exam.
Enjoy the benefits of recognition as a SEIA member.
- Member Directory Listing – Find your next business opportunity and be found by others! Contact SEIA membership to add your company.
- SolarReviews – Compare consumer reviews of solar companies, solar panels and solar inverters. Request a free solar estimate from the solar company that best fits your needs.
- EnergySage – EnergySage is an online marketplace for solar. Consumers shopping for solar can get multiple quotes from highly qualified, pre-screened installers - which can be easily compared apples-to-apples online. Signup to get quotes.
- Speaking Opportunities – Our members receive advance notice about opportunities to speak and present at all SEIA's events, including Solar Power International and PV America.
- SEIA Job Board – Our solar job board connects with a network of renewable energy recruiting sites, meaning that thousands of qualified solar professionals will see your listing.
- Sponsorship - SEIA offers the most targeted corporate partnership program in the solar industry. Contact [email protected] for more information.
- SEIA Member Logo – The SEIA logo is one of the most recognized logos in the industry, and members in good standing are encouraged to use our member logo on their websites, business cards, or presentations.
Take advantage of our resources and staff experts.
- Industry News – Members receive our free, weekly SEIA Member News e-newsletter with updates on state, national, and international policy, business and financing, industry research and general U.S. solar industry news.
- Industry Research – SEIA provides comprehensive analysis of solar markets and policy through research reports, fact sheets and our own highly-regarded staff. Click here to access members-only presentations containing top-level solar market trends and data.
- Solar Market Insight Report - tracks and analyzes historical and forecasted U.S. solar deployment by state and market segment. Also tracks historical pricing and manufacturing. Executive Summary available for free and Full Report available at discount to SEIA members (and free to Gigawatt and Terawatt members)
- SEIA Solar Tax Manual – Along with a handful of tax professionals and law firms, this guide provides information on U.S. federal tax policies as they relate to solar development, and is an exclusive SEIA member benefit.
- Solar Advocacy Toolkits - SEIA members have access to this suite of resources and guidance on how to engage policymakers at the state and federal level, as well as traditional and new media tools, to promote pro-solar policies and programs.
- Webinars – SEIA regularly hosts webinars which are free to SEIA members and feature experts from across the industry and cover a variety of solar industry issues. Members have access to all past webinars in our webinar archives.
- Major Solar Projects List - SEIA maintains a database of ground-mounted solar projects 1 MW and above, which is updated monthly. SEIA members have exclusive access to list as sortable, searchable MS Excel file.
- National Solar Database - tracks the activities of every solar company in the U.S.- contains more than 10,000 companies. Members have access to individualized datasets upon request.
- Solar Means Business Report - tracks solar adoption by U.S. commercial entities. Features rankings of the top commercial solar users in the U.S. and analysis on commercial solar markets, but also includes project-level data on more than 10,000 commercial projects- from small rooftop to large ground-mount. The full datasets from this report are available to members.