Membership and Marketing Internship
The membership team is charged with providing the association with about 60% of its revenue. In order to meet these goals, membership needs additional support outside of our daily functions to close new business and retain more members. Prospective applicants will have the opportunity to work alongside passionate and talented individuals in a fast-paced Washington DC environment, with responsibilities that touch on all aspects of SEIA’s agenda.
The Membership and Marketing Intern will also work closely with the Director of Marketing to execute marketing campaigns to develop leads and prospects for the membership business development team and to promote SEIA’s event portfolio. This role will experience full campaign execution from initial strategy to design/development to fulfillment/analysis. The position will get deep exposure and real-world experience with email marketing automation (Pardot), CRM (Salesforce), data analysis (Google Analytics/Pardot), and website content management (Drupal).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in all member service-related activities
- Salesforce database initiatives
- Business development
- Inbound and Outbound sales calls
- Call Sheet and Backgrounder development
- Direct Mailing
- Marketing & Research
- Campaign Scheduling
- Content Writing
- Data Analysis & Reporting
- List Segmentation
- Website Content Management
- Strong Communication Skills
- Organization and high attention to detail
- Can-do attitude
- Experience with Salesforce and MS Outlook preferred
- Organized with ability multi-task
- Flexible to move from one project to the next
- Eager to learn new technology/digital platforms
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (specifically Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience with Salesforce/Pardot preferred, but not necessary
Number of hours to work a week: 20-30 hours/week
Academic Majors (if any preferred): All majors are encouraged to apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Membership and Marketing Intern Summer 2022.”
This position pays DC minimum wage. Start and end dates are flexible. For our internship Frequently Asked Questions, click here.
Working at SEIA
SEIA values diversity, inclusion and equity within our organization and the promotion of these values across the solar industry. We strive to welcome different perspectives, identities, and backgrounds, regardless of job function in order to create a more resilient organization that supports a strong, equitable solar industry. SEIA envisions an industry that is committed to fostering a culture of inclusivity. We aim to achieve this by encouraging openness and transparency about diversity issues and progress. We will develop strategies, programs, and tools that seek to equalize opportunities within SEIA and allow for discussing and sharing best practices within the solar industry.