Digital Media Coordinator
The Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) is the national trade association for the solar and storage industry and represents more 1,000 member companies and 255,000 Americans working across the United States. SEIA is leading the transformation to a clean energy economy and is creating the framework for solar to reach 30% of U.S. electricity generation by 2030. We work with our member companies and strategic partners to fight for policies that create jobs in every community and shape fair market rules that promote competition and the growth of reliable, low-cost solar power.
SEIA does this by supporting pro-solar policies at the state and federal level, developing cutting-edge market research, hosting educational events and webinars, and serving as the voice of the solar and storage industry.
SEIA employees are passionate, forward-thinking leaders that start every day knowing that their work makes a difference. SEIA values diversity and fosters an inclusive, lively company culture that celebrates team success. The association has earned numerous awards for its work and company culture and was named by the Nonprofit Times as one of the “Best Nonprofits to Work For” in America in April 2022.
The SEIA content team works to maintain a strong, professional face for the organization, a critical element to achieving our goals for the solar and storage industry and supporting our member companies. The Digital Media Coordinator will work alongside the Senior Manager of Branding and Content to develop collateral that supports SEIA’s mission and reflects our leadership in the industry.
Responsibilities include designing graphics, factsheets, reports and other materials, as well as maintaining the SEIA.org website and other various web properties. This is an entry-level position that will have the opportunity to work across various departments to help fulfill their content needs and gain experience in clean energy, graphic design, branding, and digital media. In addition to these day-to-day responsibilities, the Digital Media Coordinator will have the opportunity to assist in a major brand overhaul and website redesign in 2023. This role will provide feedback during the redesign process and help ensure the organization’s website is up-to-date and modern.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle day-to-day graphic and collateral requests, including factsheet development, social media graphics, website graphics, external presentations, print materials and more
- Work with the Senior Manager of Branding and Content to maintain and improve SEIA’s main brand and sub-brands, and ensure that the brand is consistently reflected through all of our collateral and digital properties
- Edit and update website content on SEIA’s various web properties
- Assist the SEIA content team with the website redesign process
- Assist with developing, shooting, and editing video content
- Create marketing materials and assist marketing team in executing promotion for SEIA’s premiere events
- Assist with photography and videography at SEIA events
- Strong graphic design skills
- Working knowledge of Adobe Suite required (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Video editing knowledge preferred but not required (After effects, Premiere Pro, Audition)
- Experience working in content management systems like Drupal or WordPress and the ability to quickly learn other programs and platforms as needed
- Creative thinking and strong visual eye
- Strong communicator
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to time-manage and work under time-sensitive deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Interest in clean energy/environment a plus
- Bachelors or Associates degree in graphic design, strategic communications, web development, digital arts or other related fields are preferred but not required
- SEIA employees in the Washington, D.C. region follow a hybrid remote and in-person office model. Employees work 2 days a week in an office environment and as needed when there are special events or meetings, but will otherwise be remote.
- Work location: Washington, D.C.
$45,000 - $48,000 annually, based on experience, and excellent benefits package
Please submit a resume, and salary requirement and at least three graphic design examples to [email protected] with the subject “2023 Digital Media Coordinator.” Submissions that are in the form of a single Word or PDF document facilitate review and are preferred.
Please name all files using the following format: "[name]_[document title]_SEIA." No calls please; direct applicants only, no search or placement firms.
Working at SEIA
SEIA values diversity, inclusion and equity within our organization and the promotion of these values across the solar industry. We strive to welcome different perspectives, identities, and backgrounds, regardless of job function in order to create a more resilient organization that supports a strong, equitable solar industry. SEIA envisions an industry that is committed to fostering a culture of inclusivity. We aim to achieve this by encouraging openness and transparency about diversity issues and progress. We will develop strategies, programs, and tools that seek to equalize opportunities within SEIA and allow for discussing and sharing best practices within the solar industry.
SEIA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, homelessness, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. SEIA complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we employ staff. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.