Solar Training Network
The Solar Training Network is a workforce development program funded by the U.S. Department of Energy. The program helps meet the workforce needs of the solar industry through solar training and strategic employment partnerships and provides a connection hub for solar job seekers, solar companies looking for new hires, solar training providers, and workforce development boards. Positive connections and powerful careers await; join today!
SEIA is an implementing partner of The Solar Training Network, and we are thrilled to work with a diverse group of stakeholders to advance workforce development efforts for the solar industry. There are more than 242,000 workers employed by solar across all 50 states. The Solar Training Network helps continue that rapid growth by building connections that will create long-lasting careers to help power the next generation of energy leaders.
It is critically important for SEIA’s mission that the solar industry continues to create well-paying American jobs coast to coast. As the national trade association for solar, we are in a unique position to make connections between industry leaders and other stakeholders, such as training institutions and workforce investment boards, to facilitate knowledge transfers and make it easier for companies to find qualified workers.
The Solar Training Network provides a wide array of free benefits for a variety of stakeholders:
- If you are looking for a job in solar, the Solar Training Network website, AmericanSolarWorkforce.org will get you there. Whether you’re looking for your first job in the industry or trying to relocate or add new skills, we can help.
- If you’re a solar company that wants to hire qualified workers, you can recruit candidates and promote your company’s brand with The Solar Training Network.
- If you’re an institution that provides training for technical skills related to solar professions, you can help your students find employment and enhance the career development aspects of your training by connecting you with companies in the industry.
- If you’re a local workforce board, you can help spur job creation in your community by bridging connections between job seekers and the hiring opportunities available in solar.
- For all our partners, this platform provides free promotional opportunities and higher visibility of your work.