Get more solar industry data.
SEIA Indiana State Policy Priorities
- Promote distributed generation (including wholesale DG) policies.
- Ensure future access to net metering for solar customers.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure reasonable and equitable property taxation treatment for solar systems.
Notable Solar Installations in Indiana
- Indy Solar II was completed in 2013. This photovoltaic project has the capacity to generate 10.1 MW of electricity -- enough to power over 1,177 Indiana homes.5
- General Motors is one of the first major corporations to get involved in Indiana with their Fort Wayne Assembly project in Roanoke.6
- At 1 MW, Lanesville Solar RES in Lanesville is among the largest solar installations in Indiana. Completed in 2013, this photovoltaic project has enough electric capacity to power more than 128 homes.7
Check out our Major Solar Projects List for more notable installations.
Solar Companies in Indiana
Looking for a local installer? Use SolarReviews to get company reviews and estimates for solar in your area. You can also view the average costs for installing solar in Indiana, based on real price data from installed systems and solar quotes.
Don't see your company listed? Complete our National Solar Database Survey!
If you're looking for information about local solar companies, check out EnergySage's list of solar companies in Indiana, where you can check out information about each company and see real customer reviews.
Indiana State Solar Policy Resources
DSIRE Incentives Database - Indiana - Search a public clearinghouse for specific solar energy incentives in Indiana and across the United States
Indiana General Assembly- Track pending legislation affecting solar energy, locate and contact individual legislators, and stay up to date on current legislative issues in Indiana
Indiana Office of Energy Development - Find a wide variety of information on state government energy programs, policy, projects, energy-saving strategies and energy-related statistics
Indiana Renewable Energy Association - Keep up on the state of renewable energy in Indiana.
Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission - Learn about the governing body that regulates the electricity rates and services of Iowa public utilities
U.S. Energy Information Administration- Indiana State Profile - Explore official energy statistics, including data on electricity supply and demand, from the U.S. government