View more solar data.
SEIA Michigan State Solar Policy Priorities
- Intervention in the DTE IRP, Interconnection reform docket, and PURPA-related dockets
- In the legislature, engagement on community solar, NEM restoration, and property tax bill for utility-scale solar projects
For more information on SEIA's work in Michigan, please contact Sean Gallagher.
Notable Solar Installations in Michigan
- The Watervliet Solar Power plant was completed in 2016. This photovoltaic project has the capacity to generate 4.6 MW of electricity -- enough to power over 692 Michigan homes.5
- Several large retailers in Michigan have gone solar including Ford, General Motors and IKEA. IKEA has installed one of the largest such installations at their location in Canton. 6
- At 1 MW, Domino Farms Solar in Ann Arbor is among the largest solar installations in Michigan. Completed in 2010, this photovoltaic project has enough electric capacity to power more than 150 homes. 7
Check out our Major Solar Projects List for more notable installations.
Solar Companies in Michigan
Looking for a local installer? Use the SEIA EnergySage Marketplace to compare quotes and find companies in your area. You can also review the average costs for installing solar in Michigan, based on real price data from solar quotes.
Don't see your company listed? Complete our National Solar Database Survey!
Michigan State Solar Policy Resources
Michigan Public Service Commission - Learn about the governing body that regulates the electricity rates and services of Michigan public utilities
Michigan State Legislature - Track pending legislation affecting solar energy, locate and contact individual legislators, and stay up to date on current legislative issues in New Mexico
DSIRE Incentives Database – Michigan – Search a public clearinghouse for specific solar energy incentives in Michigan and across the United States
U.S. Energy Information Administration – Michigan State Profile - Explore official energy statistics, including data on electricity supply and demand, from the U.S. government
1All data from SEIA/GTM Research U.S. Solar Market Insight unless otherwise noted: http://www.seia.org/research-resources/us-solar-market-insight
2Energy Information Administration, Electric Power Monthly: http://www.eia.gov/electricity/monthly/#generation
3The Solar Foundation, State Solar Jobs Census: http://www.thesolarfoundation.org/solar-jobs-census/states/
4SEIA, National Solar Database: http://www.seia.org/research-resources/national-solar-database
5SEIA, Major Solar Projects List: http://www.seia.org/research-resources/major-solar-projects-list
7SEIA, Solar Means Business: http://www.seia.org/campaign/solar-means-business-2016