View more solar data.
SEIA Michigan State Solar Policy Priorities & Highlights
- SEIA is actively monitoring a newly announced stakeholder process, MI Power Grid, a focused, multi-year stakeholder initiative supported by Governor Whitmer and the MPSC to maximize the benefits of the transition to clean, distributed energy resources for Michigan residents and businesses.
- SEIA became a National Associate Member of MEIBC and will continue to engage actively to monitor legislation related to community solar, distributed generation and utility-scale solar as well as establish a presence in Michigan.
For more information on SEIA's work in Michigan, please contact Nakhia Morrissette.
Notable Solar Installations in Michigan
- Assembly Solar in Lennon was developed by Ranger Power and was developed from 2018-2021. This 333.8 MW project produces enough electricity to power 54,105 homes.5
- Target, Ford, and General Motors have all gone solar in Michigan. Ford's 2 MW project at their headquarters is one of the largest corporate projects in the state.
- At 34.6 MW, Demille Solar Farm in Lapeer is among the largest solar installations in Michigan. Completed by DTE Energy in 2017, this solar project has enough electric capacity to power more than 5,608 homes. 7
Check out our Major Solar Projects List for more notable installations.
Solar Companies in Michigan
Looking for a local installer? Use SolarReviews to get company reviews and estimates for solar in your area. You can also view the average costs for installing solar in Michigan, based on real price data from installed systems and solar quotes.
Don't see your company listed? Complete our National Solar Database Survey!
If you're looking for information about local solar companies, check out EnergySage's list of solar companies in Michigan, where you can check out information about each company and see real customer reviews.
Michigan State Solar Policy Resources
DSIRE Incentives Database – Michigan – Search a public clearinghouse for specific solar energy incentives in Michigan and across the United States
Michigan Public Service Commission - Learn about the governing body that regulates the electricity rates and services of Michigan public utilities
Michigan State Legislature - Track pending legislation affecting solar energy, locate and contact individual legislators, and stay up to date on current legislative issues in New Mexico
U.S. Energy Information Administration – Michigan State Profile - Explore official energy statistics, including data on electricity supply and demand, from the U.S. government