New Jersey Solar
New Jersey has been an early leader in solar and perennial top ten solar state. The New Jersey Solar market continues to be see strong growth and is driven by net metering, a solar RPS and an accompanying SREC market.
View more solar industry data.
SEIA New Jersey State Solar Policy Priorities
- Establish interim successor incentive program to the current SREC program and set up the path to a long-term incentive program
- Help expand the size of the community solar pilot and relax some of the land-use restrictions on large-scale solar.
Recent Policy Highlights
- Submitted comments to Governor Murphy's Office and the Board of Public Utilities (BPU) on SREC successor program design recommendations
- Led efforts to accelerate consideration of market closure issues and "pipeline SREC" valuation, resulting in a likely BPU order in September
For more information on SEIA's work in New Jersey, please contact Dave Gahl.
Notable Solar Installations in New Jersey
- Pilesgrove Solar Project was completed in 2015 by developer Con Edison and Panda Energy. This photovoltaic project has the capacity to generate 18 MW of electricity-- enough to power over 2,796 New Jersey homes.5
- Several large retailers in New Jersey have gone solar including Anheuser-Busch, Ashley Plaza and AT&T. Berry Plastics Corporation has installed one of the largest such installations with 14 MW of solar capacity at their location in Phillipsburg.6
- At 10 MW, L&D Landfill Solar in Mt. Holly is among the largest solar installations in New Jersey. This project has enough electric capacity to power more than 1,553 homes.7
Check out our Major Solar Projects List for more notable installations.
Solar Companies in New Jersey
Looking for a local installer? Use SolarReviews to get company reviews and estimates for solar in your area. You can also view the average costs for installing solar in New Jersey, based on real price data from installed systems and solar quotes.
Don't see your company listed? Complete our National Solar Database Survey!
New Jersey State Solar Policy Resources
New Jersey Board of Public Utilities - Learn about the governing body that regulates the electricity rates and services of New Jersey public utilities
New Jersey State Legislature - Track pending legislation affecting solar energy, locate and contact individual legislators, and stay up to date on current legislative issues in
New Jersey's Clean Energy Program - Find a wide variety of information on state government energy programs, policy, projects, energy-saving strategies and energy-related statistics
DSIRE incentives database - New Jersey - Search a public clearinghouse for specific solar energy incentives in New Jersey and across the United States
U.S. Energy Information Administration - New Jersey State Profile - Explore official energy statistics, including data on electricity supply and demand, from the U.S. government