Why Join SEIA?
The Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) is the national trade association of the solar energy industry. Our member companies distribute, research, manufacture, finance, and build solar projects domestically and abroad.
In states all across the nation and in the halls of congress, SEIA is fighting to promote, protect and expand solar energy across America. SEIA member companies and their employees get access to networking opportunities, educational webinars and market research crucial to their work.
As we prepare for another banner year in the solar industry we look forward to you joining us in the fight to extend the Investment Tax Credit (ITC). Together we can POWER America! Please contact Kim Joiner (202 469 3736).
SEIA's Code of Ethics
By joining SEIA, you will become a member of an organization that is committed to the highest ethical standards for the solar energy industry. All SEIA member companies have agreed to adhere to SEIA’s Code of Ethics.
Click the links below to jump to each of the following sections:
The Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) is the premier national trade association for the US solar industry. Our membership consists of key players across the industry, including Project Developers, Manufacturers, Suppliers, Financiers, Distributors, Installers, Service Providers, Utilities, Engineering Firms, Consultants, Law Firms, and more.
SEIA is focused on protecting, growing and promoting YOUR business. Together we can work to POWER America!
The value, benefits and opportunities that a SEIA membership offers represent an immediate return on your company's investment:
Marketing and Industry Intelligence & Research
Perkins Coie has been pleased to be a member of SEIA for the last three years. During this period, the solar industry had made great strides forward and grown rapidly. This success is due, in no small part, to the outstanding legal and governmental affairs guidance and assistance provided by SEIA. On a wide range of issues, from complex federal tax legislation to the details of the Department of Interiors programmatic EIS for solar development on federal lands to the intricacies of wildlife protection laws that must be complied with to develop solar projects, SEIA has lead the way with creative and cost-effective solutions for its members.”
Perkins Coie LLP
Los Angeles, CA
Member Law Firm
- Understand the current and future marketplace with SEIA's quarterly and annual Solar Market Insight Reports. SEIA members receive a discount on the full report, and can access the executive summary for free.
- Take a glimpse into commercial corporations such as Walmart, Ikea, and Apple which are utilizing solar through the annual Solar Means Business Report
- Receive timely and accurate state and congressional district information through SEIA's fact sheets
- Keep an eye on the market through the Major U.S. Solar Projects database
- Understand the tax issues that affect your company with SEIA's annually updated Solar Tax Manual
Powerful Advocacy & Influence
- Reach national, state and regional decision-makers through SEIA's experienced staff of government affairs experts
- Speak on behalf of the $11.5 billion industry through hill visits, PAC participation, grassroots efforts, and other opportunities that will allow you to directly interact with key federal and regional policy makers
- Help drive policy decisions and direction through participation on a number of federal and state committees and task forces
- Save time and money with the members-only alerts pertaining to pressing issues on the hill that may affect your business
- Sort through the red tape and legislation that affect your bottom-line as SEIA breaks down for you policy issues that matter most to you and your company with simplified and user-friendly webinars and white-papers
New Business Development Opportunities
- Increase your visibility through SEIA's Member Directory, the trusted source that consumers and businesses turn to first when looking for their solar needs
- Connect with thousands of other solar energy professionals through SEIA's local and national events
- Transform your company into an industry leader through exclusive opportunities to speak at industry events, host a webinar, and more
- Get a head start on new business opportunities through SEIA's exclusive RFP service
- Brand your company for success through use the SEIA logo on your websites, business cards, or presentations
- Benefit from SEIA's extensive solar industry and member company public awareness efforts with upwards of 30,000 social media followers and hourly media hits
- Expand opportunities to reach new customers through discounts on exhibits and sponsorships at the premier solar events in the industry, including Solar Power International and PV America
Tools and Programs to Advance your Business
- Enjoy huge discounts on SEIA's robust educational events, including Solar Power International, PV America, Tax & Finance Seminars, and more
- Hear expert insight through live and on-demand webinars with topics ranging from solar industry developments and best practices to national, federal, and state level policy updates. Webinars are free for SEIA members
- Access a variety of time-saving tools, templates, and resources in SEIA's members-only online business resource center, including the PPA Template, Tax and Finance Manual, etc.
- Stay on top of proposed state legislation, state regulatory proceedings and utility case rate proposals with EQ Research's Policy Vista tool
- Interact with experts in all areas of the industry through SEIA's many working groups, including Tax and Finance, EHS, Codes and Standards, Public Relations, Trade, Innovation and much more
“SEIA continues to be the single most effective voice advancing the acceptance of solar power plants into the Nation’s energy mix. From initiating and tracking relevant solar legislation on the Federal level to getting the tough questions answered for its membership at the State level, SEIA distinguishes itself every, single, solar-filled day as a vital partner for every Member of the Solar Industry.”
-Vincent J Battaglia
CEO & President
Renova Energy Corp.
Put SEIA Membership to Work for You
Whether you are a manufacturer, distributor, contractor, installer, project developer, consultant, or in any other industry involved in the U.S. solar energy market, SEIA membership can help your business grow and give you a voice in shaping advocacy efforts. SEIA members receive discounts to events as well as access to critical news and information, invaluable connections and industry guidance through SEIA experts.
More Ways to Get Involved Through SEIA
- Share your voice and shape industry policy by participating in a committee or working group. Each level of membership offers different committee options, ranging from codes and standards, and installer safety at the basic level, to state and federal policy committees at a premium level.
- Expand your knowledge of state, national, and international solar issues through SEIA webinars, which are always exclusively available for free to SEIA members and their staff.
- Attend, exhibit or sponsor any SEIA industry event, including Solar Power International and PV America, for highly-rated educational content and invaluable business networking opportunities. SEIA members receive the best rates!
- Take advantage of SEIA's comprehensive research and data resources for your business forecasting and strategic planning needs. SEIA research resources include the U.S. Solar Market Insight Reports, which are available at deep discounts to SEIA members.
- Tell your legislators to support solar energy by joining the Solar Power Advocacy Network, and ask your employees and colleagues to join you.
“Radiance Solar is a strong supporter of SEIA and the Georgia SEIA Chapter. SEIA helps us to strengthen the adoption of solar, create jobs and stimulate economic development. SEIA has been a great investment for Radiance Solar and we recommend all solar businesses join and get engaged as SEIA members to expand the solar industry and solar adoption. SEIA has been a key leader in supporting key policy initiatives in Washington and states across the US.”
SEIA Membership dues are based on your business type and the combined total of your revenue from U.S. solar energy related products/services and government-sponsored R&D from the last fiscal year. All memberships are corporate, so all employees of your organization are eligible for member benefits!
65% of your SEIA membership dues are tax deductible. (35% of membership dues are used to further our lobbying activities and are not tax deductible).
Please note, SEIA membership dues are paid annually, and memberships expire twelve months from your enrollment date.
For more information about SEIA membership dues, or how to join, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (202-682-0556)
Renew Your Membership
“SEIA does a superb job of keeping its members informed quickly about legislative and regulatory developments affecting the solar industry. The updates come out immediately as events occur. They alone are worth the price of membership. SEIA has also been very effective at promoting a solar agenda on Capitol Hill.”
Chadbourne & Parke LLP
Member Law Firm
Join SEIA now to help expand the solar industry.
Questions about SEIA Membership? Contact email@example.com (202-682-0556)