New Report Shows U.S. Solar Industry Reaches 20 GW of Installed Capacity
Released March 10, 2015
The U.S. installed 6,201 megawatts (MW) of solar photovoltaics (PV) in 2014 and 767 MW of concentrating solar power to reach 20 gigawatts (GW) of total installed capacity, enough to power 4 million American homes. 32 percent of new electric generating capacity came from solar in 2014, and the industry now employs nearly 175,000 workers, more than tech giants Google, Apple, Facebook and Twitter combined.
The full report includes all the data and analysis from our Executive Summary plus incisive, state-level breakdowns of installations, costs, manufacturing and demand projections.
BOSTON, MA AND WASHINGTON, D.C. – In 2014, for the first time in history, each of the three major U.S. solar market segments – utility, commercial and residential – installed more than a gigawatt (GW) of PV. Read more
For more facts and figures about the U.S. solar industry, including historical data and future projections, click here.
Friday, March 27, 2015 at 1:00pm EDT
2014 was another historic year for the U.S. solar industry, with PV installations totaling 6,201 MW, an increase of 30 percent over 2013. This webinar will highlight trends in 2014, both at the national level and in some of the top state markets. The discussion will also include detailed PV and CSP market forecasts for 2015 and beyond. Register now.
Have all of our most recent data at your fingertips. Designed for industry experts and communications practicioners, the Solar Data Cheat Sheet is meant for you to have at your desk. It compiles top-line data from our major reports. Get it now.
- Click to Tweet: The #solar industry now has more employees than @Facebook @Google and #Apple combined! via seia.org/smi
- Click to Tweet: 2014 was the largest year EVER for PV installations, up 30 percent over 2013 with 6,201 MW of #solar PV installed #gosolar seia.org/smi
- Click to Tweet: #DidYouKnow 2014 was the largest year ever for #CSP -> more awesome #solar facts at seia.org/smi #gosolar
- Click to Tweet: Since the #solar #ITC was passed, more than 150,000 American solar #jobs have been created w/ $66 billion invested nationwide seia.org/smi
- Click to Tweet: Milestone! The US now has 20 GW of #solar – enough to power more than 4 million homes seia.org.smi
- Click to Tweet: In 2014, a THIRD of new electric generating capacity in the US came from #solar seia.org/smi #poweringAmerica
Share on Facebook