New Hampshire is home to 76 solar companies that have worked hard to make an impact in the avaliable clean energy in the state. A large portion of these solar companies focus on manufacturing.
Facts on the New Hampshire Solar Industry
- There are currently more than 70 solar companies1 at work throughout the value chain in New Hampshire, employing 730 people2 .
- In 2015, New Hampshire installed 16 MW of solar electric capacity, ranking it 24th nationally3. Installed solar capacity in New Hampshire has grown by 399% over the last year.
- In 2015, $47 million was invested on solar installations in New Hampshire. This represents a 341% increase over the previous year, and is expected to grow again this year.
- The 35 MW of solar energy currently installed in New Hampshire ranks the state 31st in the country in installed solar capacity. There is enough solar energy installed in the state to power 5,400 homes.
- Over the next five years, New Hampshire is expected to install 241 MW of solar electric capacity, ranking the state 33rd over that time span. This amount is more than 11 times the amount of solar installed over the last five years.
- Installed solar PV system prices in the U.S. have dropped steadily- by 12% from last year and 66% from 2010.
View more solar industry data.
Solar Companies in New Hampshire
There are currently more than 70 solar companies at work throughout the value chain in New Hampshire. These companies provide a wide variety of solar products and services ranging from solar system installations to the manufacturing of components used in photovoltaic panels. These companies can be broken down across the following categories: 23 manufacturers, 8 manufacturing facilities, 22 contractor/installers, 5 project developers, 9 distributors and 11 engaged in other solar activities including financing, engineering and legal support.
Don't see your company listed? Complete our National Solar Database Survey!
New Hampshire Public Utilities Commission – Learn about the governing body that regulates the electricity rates and services of New Hampshire's public utilities
New Hampshire State Legislature – Track pending legislation affecting solar energy, locate and contact individual legislators, and stay up to date on current legislative issues in New Hampshire
DSIRE Incentives Database - New Hampshire – Search a public clearinghouse for specific solar energy incentives in New Hampshire and across the United States
U.S. Energy Information Administration - New Hampshire State Profile – Explore official energy statistics, including data on electricity supply and demand, from the U.S. government