New Hampshire is home to 65 solar companies that have worked hard to make an impact in the avaliable clean energy in the state. A large portion of these solar companies focus on manufacturing.
Facts on the New Hampshire Solar Industry
- There are currently more than 68 solar companies at work throughout the value chain in New Hampshire, employing 600 people.
- In 2014, New Hampshire installed 3 MW of solar electric capacity, ranking it 30th nationally.
- The 8 MW of solar energy currently installed in New Hampshire ranks the state 33rd in the country in installed solar capacity. There is enough solar energy installed in the state to power 1,200 homes.
- In 2014, $11 million was invested on solar installations in New Hampshire.
- Installed solar photovoltaic system prices in the U.S. have dropped steadily -- by 8% from last year and 49% from 2010.
View more solar industry data.
Solar Companies in New Hampshire
There are currently more than 68 solar companies at work throughout the value chain in New Hampshire. These companies provide a wide variety of solar products and services ranging from solar system installations to the manufacturing of components used in photovoltaic panels. These companies can be broken down across the following categories: 24 manufacturers, 8 manufacturing facilities, 23 contractor/installers, 3 project developers, 10 distributors and 8 engaged in other solar activities including financing, engineering and legal support.
Don't see your company listed? Complete our National Solar Database Survey!
New Hampshire State Solar Policy Resources
New Hampshire Public Utilities Commission – Learn about the governing body that regulates the electricity rates and services of New Hampshire's public utilities
New Hampshire State Legislature – Track pending legislation affecting solar energy, locate and contact individual legislators, and stay up to date on current legislative issues in New Hampshire
DSIRE Incentives Database - New Hampshire – Search a public clearinghouse for specific solar energy incentives in New Hampshire and across the United States
U.S. Energy Information Administration - New Hampshire State Profile – Explore official energy statistics, including data on electricity supply and demand, from the U.S. government