Facts on the Washington DC Solar Industry
- There are currently more than 74 solar companies at work throughout the value chain in Washington DC.
- Washington DC ranked 25th nationally in Q4 installations. See more solar state rankings.
- In 2012, Washington DC ranked 25th nationally in solar capacity installed.
- Washington DC ranks 26th nationally in cumulative installed solar capacity. There is enough solar energy installed in the District to power 1,000 homes.
- In 2012, $7 million was invested in Washington DC to install solar on homes and businesses.
View more solar industry data.
Solar Companies in Washington DC
There are currently more than 74 solar companies at work throughout the value chain in Washington DC, employing 800. These companies provide a wide variety of solar products and services ranging from solar system installations to the manufacturing of components used in photovoltaic panels. These companies can be broken down across the following categories: 6 manufacturers, 5 contractor/installers, 8 project developers, 3 distributors and 52 engaged in other solar activities including financing, engineering and legal support.