U.S. PV Market Surpasses 20 GW Milestone, On Pace to Grow 24% over 2014
Updated September 9, 2015
The U.S. installed 1,393 megawatts (MW) of solar photovoltaics (PV) in the second quarter of 2015 to reach 22.7 gigawatts (GW) of total installed capacity, enough to power 4.6 million American homes. The residential market had another record quarter, with 70 percent growth year-over-year, while the utility-scale segment dominated again with 729 megawatts (MW) of installed capacity.
The full report includes all the data and analysis from our Executive Summary plus incisive, state-level breakdowns of installations, costs, manufacturing and demand projections.
BOSTON, MASS AND WASHINGTON, D.C. – Continuing on its record-breaking trajectory, the United States solar industry surpassed 20 gigawatts (GW) of total operational solar photovoltaic (PV) capacity during the second quarter of this year. According to GTM Research and the Solar Energy Industries Association’s (SEIA) Q2 2015 U.S. Solar Market Insight Report, the U.S. installed 1,393 megawatts[i] of PV last quarter, showcasing both annual and quarterly growth. Read more
For more facts and figures about the U.S. solar industry, including historical data and future projections, click here.
Have all of our most recent data at your fingertips. Designed for industry experts and communications practicioners, the Solar Data Cheat Sheet is meant for you to have at your desk. It compiles top-line data from our major reports. Get it now.
- Click to Tweet: New report from @SEIA & @GTMResearch shows the US has now installed 22.7GW of #solar electric capacity - enough to power 4.6 MILLION homes!
- Click to Tweet: US #solar PV market has milestone quarter! Cumulative installations just eclipsed the 20 GW mark! #GoSolar www.seia.org/smi
- Click to Tweet: #DidYouKnow 21 states have now added more than 100 MW of #solar PV? You would if you read this: www.seia.org/smi #GoSolar
- Click to Tweet: Demand for #solar is now higher than ever! Smart, effective public policies, like the ITC, need to be maintained beyond 2016 seia.org/smi
- Click to Tweet: #DidYouKnow 2014 was the largest year ever for CSP and ANOTHER big project (Crescent Dunes, @SolarReserve) will be fully operational soon
- Click to Tweet: HOT OFF THE PRESSES! New report from @SEIA & @GTMResearch shows #solar's record-breaking trajectory continues! www.seia.org/smi
Share on Facebook