Tracking the Sun VIII
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL) released Tracking the Sun VIII, the Department of Energy’s report on the price of grid-connected solar photovoltaic systems. Data points were collected from 400,000 individual PV systems or 81% of all U.S. PV capacity installed through 2014.
Key findings include:
- National median installed prices declined year over year by
- $.4/W (9%) for residential systems
- $.4/W (10%) for non-residential systems less than or equal to 500kW
- $.7/W (21%) for non-residential systems > 500 kW
- Price declines due to reductions in soft costs or non-module costs like marketing and customer acquisition, system design, installation labor, permitting and inspection costs.
- Further reductions in soft costs are possible since there is variability across the U.S. for system pricing.
See the full report to learn more!